dmcrypt performance / multithreading

hey there,

i'm currently at the chaos communications congress and am experiencing
difficulties with my crypto-performance.

there are two raidsets crypted with cryptsetup and therefore i get two
kcryptd processes. is there a way to get those processes to split into
per-cpu-prozesses?

the system is running Debian with 2.6.32.1 #2 SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux and
has 8 cpus, therefore enough power, if the process would offload work.

any advice or input you need to suggest a solution?

i did quite some googling and even found a kernel-commit which should du
just that, but can't seem to get it working.

you can also hit me via dect at the congress: 3445

-- wintix