Re: different default key sizes for CREATE and LUKSFORMAT

I am not sure this really is a security issue. It may confuse users,
but they will still be secure. Most probably use defaults anyways.

But if we change this, I propose to make aes-cbc-essiv:sha256
the default for plain dm-crypt and to increase LUKS key length
to 256 bits as well. The performance loss is apparently very
small (10% or so).

Arno

Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx
----