Re: dm-crypt Digest, Vol 5, Issue 5

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 09:32:15AM +0700, Hans Hallan wrote:
Dear all,
I have succeed in encrypting hard disk with cryptsetup.
Now, I want to modify mkinitrd with automatically passphrase.
I found this line in /sbin/mkinitrd:

echo Setting up disk encryption: /dev/sda4
plymouth ask-for-password --command "cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda4
luks-sda4"

the second line ask me to type the passphrase,
is there anybody know how to make it automatically ? like:

echo "passphrase" | cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda4 root ?
I have tried this command and make new initrd but it did not work.
It sound weird but, that is what I am asked to do.
it does not sound weird, it sounds incredibly stupid,
besides that try looking at the --key-file option of cryptsetup

L.