Re: Crack a dm-LUKS partition or harddisk

Thanks for excellent help from Heinz Diehl, Eschenberg and Wagner here so far. Keywords for me have become: --iter-time and LUKS partition header. -

I have not read the article related to below so my question is independent from that one.

As to password entropy I use password like this as to length and characters and arrangement thereof:

-,Brpvz#aU1067+/

formed from a passphrase.

For my wireless router I double the character count to 32.

By the way: Is there a way to reasonably fast check out the entropy of a chosen password or phrase? Is there a program maybe, or would I just have to calculate it there and then?