Recover LUKS partition from deleted partition table

Whilst repartitioning my drive trying to move & enlarge my LUKS partition, I fubar'd the partition table and tried to recreate it from scratch using testdisk. However, testdisk hasn't been able to properly discover the partition; it found the LUKS header and created a logical partition 1 cylinder in size; I can do a luksDump from it, and I can see crypt settings, key slots etc., however the partition's too small to be able to access any data. So I  enlarged the discovered logical partition starting at the LUKS header (found using hexdump -C /dev/sda|grep "4c 55 4b 53 ba be") and extending it back to its original 40GB, however when I try to enter the password for it cryptsetup won't accept it (I am doing cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda5 root). Help?

--Kyle