Re: luks partition table altered by linux-swap

This server of mine has 2 raid arrays - both encrypted with luks.
First array is mounted without problem, problem is with partition
table on second one.

I am trying to recover old partition table using gpart, though it is
taking too much time with 6.5 TB drive.

There were no writes onto this disk, so none of the information were
lost. Problem is with partition tables only.

Just curious maybe there is some cryptsetup ability to recover
partition table on disk without luksFormat but using already stored
metadata on the drive.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Heinz Diehl <htd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 28.09.2009, anton ivanov wrote:
>
>> After removing swap from this drive I am totally unable to luksOpen
>> partition, though I know password is 100% correct.
>
>> Command failed: No key available with this passphrase.
>
> Most likely your initrd misses some modules which cryptsetup needs
> to operate on your encrypted partition.

ai.

http://biwwy.com/
last.fm: littlewizard