Re: Command failed: Can not access device on luksOpen

Yes I've checked /dev/mapper, there is no device there. It would normally be mounted as cryptbackup.

I have satadisks_vg-backup_lv in /dev/mapper, but that is the "lower level" LV mapping on top of which the cryptdisk is built, not the plaintext mapping.

Incidentally, there are also some files in /dev/mapper which I've never seen before called temporary-cryptsetup-xxxx (xxxx being a 4 digit number), there are 4 of these files. Perhaps these are a symptom of the problem, as I have never seen them before.

thanks.

Paul

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Heinz Diehl <htd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:46:33 +0100,
Paul Bradley wrote:

> Since the device shouldn't be open by anything (I've even rebooted the box to ensure no stale locks) how do I go about
> finding out what has it locked, and how do I safely remove that lock?

Have you checked /dev/mapper/ for the devicename?