Re: Broken header of a luks-partition - more than once

Or, to prevent any chance of the BIOS swapping the disk order, you could refer
to your device by id instead. I know my friends motherboard does that, it
randomly sometimes swaps the disk order for no reason when booting, just some
bug in the bios.

So, to refer to disks in a way that are guaranteed to always point the the
exact physical disk you want, regardless of what order they are, check in the
/dev/disk/by-id directory. In here the kernel creates files that point to your
disks just like /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, etc, do, except that instead of some
arbetrary name like /dev/sda, the name is based upon the interface, the make
of the drive, and its serial number.

Regards,
Sam