Re: Re: Result of supplying an incorrect passphrase?

This has become a very interesting and educational thread.

As an answer to Uwe:
> What purpose would that serve?

Roscoe:
> Probably pointless. Could help against the most unskilled of attackers.
> (One's who didn't make a copy of your disk and had never read/knew of
> cryptsetup features and had not conceived software would do such a
> thing).

See this article:
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/02/26/2157256

I was thinking of a situation where the interrogators destroyed the second
boot in a multi-boot setup by using the password for the first- which one
would have willingfully provided, therefore avoiding any 5th ammendment
issues, but I see that anybody with their head about them would have done
something about this to begin with.

Thanks for the info.