dmcrypt/cryptsetup and inode creation handling

Hi list,

whenever I setup a crypt mapping with cryptsetup, an inode for the new
crypto mappings blockdevice is created as expected. What is not created
are the inodes for the partitions within the encrypted volume.
>From what I could see in the uevent/udev communication cryptsetup only
triggers an event for the creation of the (virtual) disk.

Now, mdadm has a command line option, which triggers the creation of
partition inodes, then again, they are created blindly, without really
checking which of the partitions are there.

Obviously there seems to be a general deficit in the udev/virtual volume
handling, as I assume.

The question is, how this problem can be resolved. A udev rule on it's own
doesn't seem to be able to fix this problem. The question is, who should
be responsible for the detection of partition within newly created volumes
(this is pretty much true for mdadm, lvm, dmcrypt).
The kernel has the code anyway, would it be feasable for cryptsetup to ask
the kernel to scan a newly created virtual device and take action?
Remember, there's not just partition table formats, but also disklabels
etc. which could exist within an encrypted volume (Thinking further, if a
md or lvm signature would be found they could be handled automaticly too
right away).
Or should all this be moved to some detection tool (something like vol_id
which is used for UUID retrieval)?

I wasn't sure where to direct this, because this is a design question
involving different parts of the kernel, as well as devicemapper,
dmcrypt/cryptsetup, mdraid etc. - I think this should be worked out and
fixed in a generic solution suitable for everything surrounding virtual
disks.

Regards

-Sven