Need help! Lost my superblock!

Hi,

as my topic says, by mistake I overwrote the first 512bytes of my dmcrypt partition...

I read the On-Disk Format Specification and some information on your website and it says the 'Meta-Data redundancy' ist NOT yet implementet - so the keys are only stored in the first 512bytes, correct?????

There's one point I don't understand yet. When I created the partition (as far as I remember) I did not enter radom data to increase the entropy of the key - but the 'final key' which encrypts the data has a radom-component, hasn't it?

So, is there any chance to recover the header (i.e. by using my cleartext password) - or is my data lost for 100% sure?

Thank you very much for an answer.

Best regards,
Tim