Re: Fast cipher for netbooks?

  I'm using dm-crypt on a EEE 1000 laptop.  Without encryption I can
write at roughly 65 MiB/s; if I enable dm-crypt with aes-cbc-essiv,
write speed goes down to 16 Mib/s.  I don't have industrial secrets on
my laptop; I just know that sooner or later I will forget it in a café
and I don't want the lucky one who will find it to also gain access to
my emails.

What cipher should I use for maximum performance?  Is there anything
else that I can tune to improve my disc speed when using dm-crypt?

I measured different ciphers and here are my results:

http://blog.wpkg.org/2009/04/23/cipher-benchmark-for-dm-crypt-luks/

It was on a slightly more powerful machine, though.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski