Re: growing a luks volume: how to fill it with random data

Hi!

Wolfgang Sailer writes:
> But how to do it in the following situation:
> When I enlarge a LUKS volume, say by expanding the RAID or enlarging the
> logvol (LVM partition) that hosts the LUKS volume, how can I then fill the
> additional space with random data before enlarging the LUKS volume?

Another simple way: enlarge the volume normally and then fill it up
with dummy files (in the simplest case, use dd if=/dev/zero
of=dummyfile) until it is absolutely full.  Be root for this so no
reserved space will be spared.  (After than, you can simply remove the
dummy files, of course.)

**Henrik