growing physical volumes that are encrypted?

I change out drives often for various reasons (failure, capacity expansion, et al). The idea came up to encrypt all data on the drives to mitigate the possibility that when drives leave there is anything on them that is usable.

The issue at hand is how does (if at all) dmcrypt will support expansion of block devices. Basically, all drives are attached to hardware raid controllers. Those controllers present to the OS large volumes (say 10TB+) for each 'drive' that dmcrypt would see. This then would get put into lvm2 to be carved up as needed. Functionally when we outgrow a technology (say 1TB drives with 2TB ones) we would swap out the drives in the array. This would make a 10TB 'disk' appear as a 20TB disk to dmcrypt. If I use this to encrypt each volume would dmcrypt be able to expand to the non-encrypted space or will it just flake out when it sees that the drive it's trying to encrypt has changed size?