rescue corrupted luks header?

Hi,
I seem to have corrupted the luks header of my encrypted partition,
such that it's not recognized as a valid luks device. I'm not sure
exactly how, but I think an erroneous grub-install managed to write
something to the device.... my grub got broken somehow by a kernel
upgrade, and I booted to a rescue disk and did a manual
grub-install... I wasn't really sure what I was doing, so there was
some trial and error involved, but I can't imagine how anything I did
could have caused grub-install to write anything to /dev/sda6 (my
crypt partition), yet that's what seems to have happened: grepping
through the beginning of /dev/sda6, I see the string "GRUB
^@Geom^@Hard Disk^@Read^@ Error^"..... I also see "cbc-essiv:sha256",
so I know there's at least some luks-related stuff in there...

Is there any way to try to recover a corrupted luks header? If not,
does anyone have any ideas of what my options are as far as getting my
data back?

--
Kevin Bowen
kevin@xxxxxxxx