Re: Luks Encrypting on 'mini' filesystems

What would be really handy would be a way to expose s3 as a block
device accessable locally.

I don't know of any projects that are free software that do that though.

s3backer is neat, that exposes s3 as a  local file system via FUSE.

You could use duplicity, a gpg based backup method, and s3sync
etc...As someone else mentioned, you can encrypt to multiple keys with
gpg. Alternatively though, more inline with what LUKS does, you can
just change the password to the private key,

-- Roscoe