Hash overwritten / recovery possible?

Hello,

today I installed inteprid ibex (ubuntu). Under hardy (my old OS) I had a luks-encrypted home partition. During install I've chosen my crypted partition because I thought I could tell the installer to use this partition as my /home (without formatting). But the problem is, that the installer overwrote the luks data at the beginning of the partition. So, the original hash was overwritten with the new one and I suppose that both are different.

Is there any possibilty to get the old hash back so that I can decrypt my partition properly and mount it? Possibly a backup of the old hash in any sector of the partition?
One further thing: For the old and the new partition I took the same password.

Is there any chance for me to get my data back? I backed up the most important data before I installed, but there is less important data which I hadn't backed up. It would be nice if I could get it back.

This tells cryptsetup:
root@MPS:/home/mathias# cryptsetup status meins
/dev/mapper/meins is active:
  cipher:  aes-cbc-essiv:sha256
  keysize: 256 bits
  device:  /dev/sda7
  offset:  2056 sectors
  size:    249808631 sectors
  mode:    read/write

I'm not sure which cipher my old encryption did use.

If you need further information, tell it ;)

Thanks,
Mathias Schnarrenberger