Re: Journalled FS over LUKS encrypted volume

Hello, Roscoe <eocsor@xxxxxxxxx>!

В Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:14:13 +0930 You wrote:

> >  I want to know is it safe (I mean secure and data safe) to use
> >  journaled fs (such as ext3, reiserfs, reiser4 and so on) over LUKS

> I've used XFS, reiserfs and ext3 all for long periods [>1y] with
> dm-crypt without issue.

I also have used ext3 and reiserfs over LUKS for a quite long
period w/o any problems, but I'd confused by old articles. Thanks to
all, for advance. BTW on the
http://www.saout.de/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=EncryptedDeviceUsingLUKS
ext3 is used as example fs for LUKS volume.

I didn't try Reiser4 on LUKS volumes, because Reiser4 corrupt fs, when
used on loop devices, on the other hand it work for years without
troubles on real devices for me.  It's JFYI.

Help stamp out and abolish redundancy.

--
Best regards, Oleg Osovitskiy
Kaliningrad, West Russia