Re: Journalled FS over LUKS encrypted volume

At Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:06:16 +0300,
Oleg Osovitskiy wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
> Hello,
>
>   I want to know is it safe (I mean secure and data safe) to use
>   journaled fs (such as ext3, reiserfs, reiser4 and so on) over LUKS
>   encrypted volume?
>   In some articles I read that it better to use ext2 over LUKS.

This information is obsolete and imho was never really accurate. I
have been using ext3 even on cryptoloop for years without any
problems. I guess the assumption was that write barriers were not
respected but dm-crypt explicitly does respect them.
--
Fruhwirth Clemens - http://clemens.endorphin.org