Re: Massive Failure

Well its not exactly a "header file" I just dumped the first 4mb of each
drive with dd.  Using a hex-editor with search capabalites I was able to
find the luks magic ('L','U','K','S',xBA,xBE) on the same spot on three of
the dumps.  All of them were clearly luks headers and two of them
corresponded exactly to running luksDump on the new /dev/lg/lv (ie the salt,
keys, etc all matched).

Due to the MDADM and LVM headers preceding the luksHeader I doubt that a
straight dump would work.  It is, however, fairly easy to extract all of the
same info straight from the hex editor.  Would there be any point to running
a luksDump, or are you just trying to get the keys and such?