Re: cryptsetup is 100 times slower then in 1.0.6

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Lurkos <lurkos.usenet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Farkas Levente <lfarkas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > my home directory is a luks encrypted volume. the key for this volume is
> on
> > my pendrive. before i'd like to login i just plug my pendrive and it
> then:
> > - udev recognize my pendrive
> > - mount one of the partition on it (which hold the keyfile)
> > - use the keyfile on the mounted partition and open the luks partirion
> > - mount the device mapper as my home
> > - umount my pendrive
>
> I can't help you in solving this problem, but I would be very
> interested in knowing how you have realized this solution.
> Can you explain me how to configure GNU/Linux (probably init scripts)
> to realize this situation?

hi,
first of all you need an udev rules to recognize your pendrive in
/etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules.
then you need one or two script to do the work. i actually create 4 separate
script (because i use them from other places):
home-up, home-down, luks-up, luks-down. and my home-* scripts also copy an
ssh dsa key for root (so in this case my other scripts run as root has more
power:-)
unfortunately the deadlock still exist and i don't know the solution.

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"