Re: cryptsetup: Problem with password-prompt when re-mapping encrypted partition

On 12/06/2008 Dominik Geyer wrote:
> Hi list,

Hey Dominik,

> using cryptsetup (version 1.0.5 on Gentoo) I noticed following strange behaviour:
>
> After a successful mapping the partition I unmap it again. When I
> try to remap it, sometimes the password prompt doesn't accept the
> passphrase I entered before or accepts it finally after some tries.
>
> Anyone noticed a similar behaviour? (BTW: My keyboard is working fine ;-) )

Could you try whether this happens with cryptsetup 1.0.6 as well? 1.0.6
has some code added which invokes udevsettle before actually doing the
device setup.
the reason for that is that after a dm-crypt device is closed, sometimes
temporary device-mapper tables are left behind. you should see them as
temporary-cryptsetup-* devices in /dev/mapper.

please see http://bugs.debian.org/444914 for more information.

greetings,
 jonas