Can't access data anymore: has anything changed recently?

Hello All,

I have an rather annoying problem with my home machine: the PSU blew
out, and now I can't access the data anymore.

The system runs Debian Unstable on x86_64, fairly up to date before
the crash (2-3 months ago) and at the time running linux 2.6.22.x.
After replacing the PSU (yesterday) I updated it to a current debian
unstable before trying to access the encrypted volume. (stupid in
retrospect, but who knew), now it's running linux 2.6.24-1.

The system is as follows:
Sata disks
==> Software raid6 -> /dev/md0
 ==> cryptsetup encryption -> /dev/mapper/cryptone
  ==> LVM PV
   ==> LVM LV's for virtual machines

Mdadm is happy about the softraid.

I set up the disk encryption (manually) by running 'cryptsetup create
-h ripemd160 -c aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 -y cryptone /dev/md0' and then
supplying the passkey on the command prompt.
The cryptsetup version is 1.0.6, running in 64bit mode.
I'm using the aes_x86_64 and the sha256_generic kernel module.

I still have /etc/lvm, including the config file in /etc/lvm/archive,
if that somehow helps.
Checking if the LVM volume is 'good' by running 'vgchange -a y' and
'pvscan', but both failed to report any volumes so far.

As far as I can see, there are 4 options:
1) I forgot the passphrase, or wrote down the incorrect cryptsetup settings
2) The cryptsetup crypto format or command syntax changed in those 2-3
months, perhaps even subtly
3) The LVM format changed and broke backwards compatibility
3) The powercut corrupted some part of this system

I'm rooting for option number two, with some added hope on this being
reversible by the smart heads on this list ;-)

Any help is much appreciated. Of course the data is important and some
of it was not backed up yet..

Kind regards,