key chaining

Unlocking an encrypted filesystem with a key contained on another
encrypted file system is somewhat of a painful process, and has not
been automated in any distributions I've seen. It also means that the
keyfile must be generated and stored securely, which can lead to user
error.

So I was thinking, why not chain two luks devices together. Take the
key of one device, and use it to encrypt the key of another device,
inserting the result into a keyslot of the second device. Then, once
the first filesystem is opened, the second filesystem can be opened.

The user interface/use case for this model would be very simple and
easy for a new user to understand.

I'm thinking of doing the code for this, but in case I get lazy, I
thought I'd put the idea out there.