Re: ?dm-crypt latency (seems to be solved)

Gunter Ohrner wrote:
> I'm experiencing annoying latency problems when writing data in my home, I

Ok, for the record:

I'm using ALSA dmix for sound output and had an ancient custom dmix
configuration I created when dmix was a relatively new feature.
I just read that dmix is used automagically since ALSA 1.0.9, so I just
removed my custom .asoundrc configuration; using the default configuration
ALSA / dmix seem to be much less sensitive to system latency issues.

In combination with Milan's "cond_resched()"-patch I'm not getting any audio
issues any more, even with massive parallel writes to encrypted partitions.

The system still could be somewhat more responsive with regard to concurrent
IO, but for the time being my problem is solved.

Greetings,

  Gunter