Re: Multiple LUKS filesystems w/ 1 password

Ian Pilcher wrote:

> I have successfully set up an encrypted /home filesystem with LUKS and
> dm-crypt on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1.  Now I would like to also
> encrypt /var.

> Is there any way to make LUKS prompt only once for both home and var?

You can encrypt a volume group instead of separated volumes, then the
password needs to be provided only once. cryptsetup does not support to
open several devices at once. An other way would be to open a bug against
initscripts in Red Hat's Bugzilla and ask them to cache the password and
try it again all specified volumes.

Regards,
Till