FW: Areca controller problem with Linux XFS over DM-CRYPT

Sir,
This is from Areca researching and developing SAS/SATA RAID adapter,
http://www.areca.com.tw/.
Currently, our customers report an issue which happened on the xfs
filesystem with dm-crypt.
We have verified it and found it does exist.
We found,
1. XFS with Areca works fine,
2. EXT3 with Areca works fine,
3. dm-crypt with EXT3 over Areca works fine.
But once the configuration is xfs filesystem plus dm-crypt, the scsi
commands aborted happened.
We find that even though the driver claims the maximum SG entry number,
ARCMSR_MAX_SG_ENTRIES, to the upper layer.
But we still got the scsi commands with sg number over our limit.
That is why arcmsr, which is Areca RAID driver, would issue "abort scsi
command" messages constantly.

The process is as below,
 1. cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/sdb
 2. cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb export
 3. mkfs -t xfs /dev/mapper/export
 4. mount /dev/mapper/export /export
 5. then start copying data to /export.
Shortly the process hangs with messages of arcmsr "abort device command of
scsi".
Would you please check it out?
Thank you,

P.S.
The following is one of our customers' report.