Re: information about active mappings

Hi,

> I would like to ask if there is a way to find out more information
> about active dm-crypt mapping.
> For example, i have /dev/mapper/cryptohome, and i would like to know
> what device is mappet there, and what cypher, key size and hash is
> used.

I do not know, if there are better ways to get the information, but the
following should work:

1) find out the minor device number of the mapper device (ls -l /dev/mapper)
2) take a look at the content of /sys/block/dm-???/slaves/

there you will find a symlink to another directory within the /sys/ hierachie.
The "dev" node there contains the major and the minor device numbers of the
mapped device.

hope that helps,
Lars