Using dm-crypt

Hi,

I am trying to use dm-crypt with LUKS.

I am compiling the linux source code (Linux kernel 2.6.18)

on a server running gnu linux.

After getting the image I am booting the ARM based target board.

Root file system is provided by setting NFS device at the server.

Following is the issue.

When I read dm-crypt main page (http://www.saout.de/misc/dm-crypt/)

it sys you need to install some additional tools (cryptsetup) which

provide cryptsetup and dmsetup commands.

dm-crypt is already supported by kernel. I have included it during

build time.

I have downloaded the cryptsetup tool (tsetup-luks-1.0.4.tar.bz2)

from the link http://luks.endorphin.org/dm-crypt.

I have tried to build the package as mentioned in the INSTALL file

come along with the package.

After building the package I am getting the commands on the target

by coping it to the rootfs folder. After that on using these commands

I am getting this error message:

/sbin/cryptsetup: /sbin/cryptsetup: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

I guess there is something wrong while building the package.

It should be cross compile for the target board.

Can you tell me the exact procedure to get these tools

(cryptsetup & dmsetup) on the target board? How to compile it and

use it to set the dm-crypt?

Thanks,

Sachin