RFE: delete key(s) by key value, get <key slot number> by key, delete all keys at once / all but one, support for wipe/reinstate key

Hiyas,

I want to suggest some features for cryptsetup-luks, which I miss a lot.

To begin, I miss a possibility to delete a key from keyslots by providing
it, e.g. when a device is encrypted in the following way:

Key Slot : key
0        : foo
1        : bar
2        : foobar
3        : foo

I would like to disable key slots 0 and 3 by only providing the key "foo"
but without knowing which keyslot the key's are in, e.g.
# cryptsetup luksDelKey /dev/mapper/encrypted --by-key
Enter LUKS passphrase: foo
Deleted Key Slots: 0, 3

so after this only Key Slot 2 and 3 are enabled.
In are similiar way it would be nice to enable only one Keyslot that has the
provided Key, e.g.

# cryptsetup luksUniqueKey /dev/mapper/encrypted
Enter LUKS passphrase: foo
Deleted Key Slots: 1,2,3

This possibilities would it make a lot easier to delete unwanted keys.

Another feature I would find really usefull would be support for wiping /
reinstating the key with dmsetup in luks as described in
<20060814164431.GR18633@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This would be very usefull for a more secure suspend to ram on notebooks
without the need to unmount the encrypted partitions. I guess a command
like
# cryptsetup luksReopen encrypted-open
Enter LUKS passprase: foo
Successfully reopended encrypted-open

A little enhancement would be to make this possible for several devices at
once with cryptsetup asking for passwords as long as not all devices have
been reopenend successfully. It would be even nice to have this possibility
for the luksOpen command, so that once can open several devices at once,
e.g.
# cryptsetup luksOpen encrypted1 encrypted1-open enc2 enc2-open enc3
enc3-open
Enter LUKS passphrase: foo
Successfully mapped encrypted1 to encrypted1-open
Enter LUKS pasphrase: bar
Successfully mapped enc2 to enc2-open
Successfully mapped enc3 to enc3-open

that would perform "dmsetup message encrypted-open 0 key set <key>" with the
gained Masterkey.

Also it would be nice to have a possibility to get the key slot(s) that are
used for a special key, e.g.
# cryptsetup luksGetSlots /dev/mapper/encrypted
Enter LUKS passphrase: foo
Key Slot: 0
Key Slot: 3

Maybe with a "--quiet" option, that only displays the number of the
key-slots.

A last, nice to have feature, would be a way to delete all keys at once, e.g
# cryptsetup luksClearKeys /dev/mapper/encrypted
Warning: You will not be able to access any data on /dev/mapper/encrypted
anymore, type uppercase yes to proceed: YES
All keys deleted.

This could also overwrite any other data, that may help in restoring the
MasterKey. This is usefull in cases where the encrypted data is not needed
anymore there is no need in completely overwrite the data on the device.

Please give me some feedback, whether or not you like my improvement
suggestions and whether or not you would implement them. I would like to
provide some patches very much, but since I am not that familiar with c, it
could take some time. And thank you very much for luks so far, it made
encryption in Linux a lot more easier,

Regards,
Till