RFC: very wide (>512) cipherblock support

Hello list,

I'm currently implementing the blockcipher mode ABL. It allows turning a
cipher with 128 bit blocks into a blockcipher with eg. 512, 4k etc blocks.
It is specified in:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/1619/email/rtf00000.rtf (October 28, 2004)
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/1619/email/pdf00005.pdf (April 15 2004)
by David McGrew and John Viega. I'm working with David to generate official
test vectors. A new specification is forthcoming in January.

This mode needs a certain IV, this IV is called bewbi (big endian wide
block count) (analogous with benbi, the narrow block count, which is in the
current Linus tree). It is implemented in the first patch.

The second patch introduces an optional argument to dm-crypt; the 'extra
sector size shift'. Data is transferred to and from the crypto layer in
chunks 512 bytes by default, the patch allows the user to enlarge this size
by factors of 2 up to and including PAGE_SIZE. This is useful for deniable
encryption. I don't really understand the internals of dm-crypt so I don't
know if my implementation is correct. (although it seems to work for me).

The patches are against the current cryptodev-2.6 tree. I didn't include
the patch that introduces ABL itself, you can find it at
http://cube.dyndns.org/~rsnel/abl/20061223-cryptodev-2.6/.

If there are no objections or comments the dm-crypt changes will
probably go into cryptodev-2.6.

Greetings,

Rik.