cryptsetup hangs with 100% cpu load on luksOpen

Hallo!

I just subscribed to this list.

First I want to say that my LUKS crypted partitions run very smooth till last Saturday.
And the problem I have now seems to blame the raid driver in Linux not any crypt related module or program.

The problem is on a AMD64 under 32bit debian.
There are two partitions (sata_nv) in a raid1. On top of this is a LUKS »partition« mounted to /home.

After some problems with a missed hdd I got the raid running again. Both partitions claim to be clean. But I can't luksOpen the crypted partition any more. The cryptsetup stalls and runs for hours without any comment producing 100% cpu load.

There are two passphrases in keyslots. I know both but neither lets cryptsetup return.
Is there a debugging version of cryptsetup available somewhere on the net?
I don't have the luks-header saved somewhere but luksDump is identically on both partitions (again?).

I'm afraid the header was somehow changed in some bits.
Is there any chance to get it working one more time?

Let this be an advice for others to make a backup of the luks header somewhere!
Really important information are lost if I can't get it running one more time.

Thanks
Lars