dd of device for usage

Hi there folks.
Been lurking out in this mailing list for quiet some time, but havn't
really made any sounds..
Anyhow, time for a change! =)

I have a question (and a few single malts, so bare with me ;).
I've been using dm-crypt, with luks, for pretty long now. It's always
been working fine, and I'm really happy with the software ( take credz
Clemenz & c/o ).

Anyhow,
When I used luks on the old laptop, I made hda2 my crypto-device, and
mounted it when I needed my "special protected files".
Now, I got my new lappy, so I thought I'd just migrate the device to the
new laptop. This is when the problem appares...

Somehow, I found the idea of using a file instead of a device pretty
interesting. Mainly cause I think it will be easier to manage, grow etc,
so my superb idea was to grab the old device (hda2 on old lappy) and
make it to an iso on my new lappy, and work from there...

so;
new-lappy:~# (ssh -lroot old-lappy dd if=/dev/hda2 bs=1024) >
/home/chunks/crypto.iso

clever huh? =)
and here's the problem;
new-lappy:~# cryptsetup luksOpen /home/chunks/crypto.iso hda2
Enter LUKS passphrase:
/home/chunks/crypto.iso is not a LUKS partition
Enter LUKS passphrase:

And that was not so fun =/
Aint everything I need within the device I dd'd? how come it suddenly
thinks it aint a LUKS partition?

Thanks,
Jesse