Re: Design flaw in LUKS

Absolon wrote:
[snip]
The solution is so easy to implement; making a proper utility to save the
header to
a file and having more copies of the header, security meassures to ensure
that the header
isn't damaged and more recovery options. Since the header is crypted it
doesn't matter if it's
written to a file since you can already read it on the disk.

Yes, I agree, although I'm no expert so I might be wrong. But is this not already possible with diskdump? Just dd the LUKS header to a file and there you go!

Regards, Evert