Re: dm-setup with keyfile for root encryption

> I would think that a thief would just take the whole machine from the
> rack.  Removing a machine from the rack is not that hard!  (Unless your
> server is some 8U beast that requires 4 dudes to lift, and a pickup
> truck to carry...)

Removing a machine from tha rack is not so hard but i would like only to
ensure data on storage hd.

> The solution that most people in your situation would use would be to
> put the key on a USB flash drive, which then resides on your physical
> keychain (the one that rides around in your pocket).  You could copy the
> key onto a  flash-drive for each person who has root on the machine.
> The disadvantages are that when the power goes out in the server room,
> someone with a key needs to come by to start the computer.  Also, you
> have the same management issues that you would with traditional metal
> keys -- except that everyone who has a USB port has a key-duplication
> machine.

In order to do that i need to resolve my initially question about yaird
problem with keyfile for root partition in ramdisk creation during
reconfigure of my kernel.
The other problem we will resolve later.

> But, when the keys and the data are separated, a thief would need to
> steal both items in order to read the disk(s).
>
> -Luke

Duke