luks partition not recognized anymore by cryptsetup

hi everybody,

today i messed around with my two linux installations and their
bootmanagers. Now cryptsetup doesn't recognize the lukspartition
anymore. I might be that i did something endlessly dumb: a

grub-install /dev/hda6 (the device with the lukspartition)

is there any way to recover the luks partition header or what would be
necessary to get the partition back mounted? although i have backups of
the important things they are far away from being complete (my fault, i
know)

best regards
jan