Re: two luks questions

Hannes Erven wrote:

> Please pay attention to the fact that any user that knows a valid passphrase
> may retrieve the partition encryption key, so removing a passphrase is *no*
> means of revoking somebody's access!
> (If that's the case, the complete partition must be re-encrypted with a new
> key).

In that case am I correct in saying that if a company's sys-admin moves
on to greener pastures it would be best for the company to re-encrypt
everything that the sys-admin had a valid passphrase for instead of just
revoking his passphrase on all devices?  Is that the best suggested policy?

--
Morgan Smith
Dutro Company