Re: [v3 2/2] irqchip/aspeed-intc: Add support for AST27XX INTC

> Making a guard variant of chained_irq_enter/exit needs some thought and
> a general plan for cleaning the whole chained irq usage up. It's on the
> cleanup list already with quite some other items.

I became also curious how API usage will evolve further here.

> We are not adhoc adding a guard variant because guards are hip right now.

Application interests are growing, aren't they?

> And no this does not need a scoped variant ever.

There are subsystems which seem to prefer such a programming interface occasionally.

> guards are not the panacea for everything.
Their usage might become more popular.

Regards,
Markus