Re: Hotplug hardware with (un)loadable DT overlays - unconference meeting notes

Hi,

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 11:51:41 +0200
Luca Ceresoli <luca.ceresoli@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One use case is for the LAN966x, a classic SoC that can be however be
> started in "endpoint mode", i.e. with the CPU cores deactivated and a
> PCI endpoint that allows an external CPU to access all the peripherals
> over PCIe. In practice the whole SoC would be used as a peripheral chip
> providing lots of devices for another SoC where the OS runs. This use
> case has been described by Rob Herring and Lizhi Hou at LPC 2023 [4][5].

FYI, I sent upstream the first iteration of the series adding minimal
support the LAN966x PCI device driver.
  https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240430083730.134918-1-herve.codina@xxxxxxxxxxx/

This driver binds on the LAN996x PCI VID/PID, and when probed, loads a DT
overlay to instantiates all internal devices re-using all existing drivers
with no change.

Best regards,
Hervé