Represented memory usage

Hi,

There is a note in the device tree spec:

"When booting via [UEFI], the system memory map is obtained via the
GetMemoryMap() UEFI boot time service as
defined in [UEFI] § 7.2, and if present, the OS must ignore any /memory nodes."

I can't recall (or never knew) the reason for this...does anyone know?

I am trying to work out how to represent the sort of memory mappings
maintained by UEFI boot-time services, within devicetree. As an
example, I'd like to indicate the memory used by the ACPI tables.

Should we:
1. Use the /memory node and add a property for usage (e.g. usage = "acpi")
2. Use the /reserved-memory node and add a property for usage (e.g.
usage = "acpi")
3. Create a new /memory-usage node with its own binding

The problem with 1 is that it is mostly used for physical memory and
we don't want loads of entries in there

2 looks good if we can use 'compatible' for other things, e.g.
compatible = "acpi".

3 is an option, but it seems to duplicate 2?

If you have any ideas or guidance, please let me know.

Thanks,
Simon