Re: Query about Implementing Device tree for Networking on HPE BMC

Hi Rob,

> Are both phys usable on a given system? If not, then you shouldn't
> need to describe both. Otherwise, we could allow 'phy-handle' to take
> more than 1 entry if we don't already. Then you can define which entry
> is which interface.

After some search I was able to find plenty of examples of multiple
phy-handles in the same node. Using that I produced the following:

umac0: ethernet@4000 {
	compatible = "hpe,gxp-umac";
	reg = <0x4000 0x80>;
	interrupts = <10>;
	interrupt-parent = <&vic0>;
	mac-address = [00 00 00 00 00 00];
	ethernet-ports {
		#address-cells = <1>;
		#size-cells = <0>;
		port@0 {
			reg = <0>;
			phy-handle = <&int_phy0>;
		};
		port@1 {
			reg = <1>;
			phy-handle = <&ext_phy0>;
		};
	};
};

I plan to submit the .yaml along with the driver soon.

Thank you for the assistance,

-Nick Hawkins