Broken devicetree-rebasing history

Hi Ian,

I just noticed that at some point in the devicetree-rebasing.git
history, a merge sneaked in that linked in the mainline git history.
That unfortunately somewhat defeats the purpose of the repo, since you
can't clone it without cloning all of Linux now.

The last good tag is v5.9-rc2-dts; v5.9-rc3-dts is the first one to
include the bad merge. With -rc2 you get a 128MB clone; -rc3 ends up
pulling in 1GB+ from the rest of Linux.

I thought of giving a shot at fixing it myself, but it seems the filter
state/etc branches aren't available on the kernel.org repo, so AIUI
re-bootstrapping the filtering process would require filtering the
entire kernel history again, not just the changes since the bad merge...

For the Asahi Linux project (Linux on the new Apple machines) we're
looking into having a dedicated DT repo where we can stage our bleeding
edge changes before they are merged, since we want that to build our
bootloader+DT packages without pulling in the entire kernel, and I was
thinking of reusing the devicetree-rebasing infra and throwing up a
cronjob that repeatedly rebases our latest changes from our kernel repo
on top of whatever is the latest version in devicetree-rebasing.git...

--
Hector Martin (marcan@xxxxxxxxx)
Public Key: https://mrcn.st/pub