Compatible string best practices

Hi,

I have a question regarding how a compatible string should be created.
The simple case is obvious:
 <IP-vendor>,<IP-type/name>-<IP-revision>

But what is the recommended string for a SOC specific implementation of
that IP? Let's say for
 <SOC-vendor>,<SOC-name>-<SOC-revision>
how would I assemble a compatible string to identify the SOC-specific
implementation of IP?
I think my biggest confusion is which vendor string to use in that case.
But in general I'm curious whether some best practice exists for these
cases.

I think what I've seen most is:
 <SOC-vendor>,<SOC-name>-<IP-type>

But one could probably argue whether to rather use IP-vendor, appending
all the revision strings, ...

	Thanks,
	Sören