Re: KConfig and DTS files

Hi Arnd,

On 05/07/2014 12:15 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Wednesday 07 May 2014 12:07:02 Eric Nelson wrote:
For me, setting the status to "disabled" required a
"resize" first:

         U-Boot > fdt set /v4l2_out status disabled
         libfdt fdt_setprop(): FDT_ERR_NOSPACE
         U-Boot > fdt resize
         U-Boot > fdt set /v4l2_out status disabled

         U-Boot > fdt print /v4l2_out
         v4l2_out {
                 compatible = "fsl,mxc_v4l2_output";
                 status = "disabled";
         };

How about starting out with status="disabled" and then
removing that if necessary? Leaving out the status property
should have the same effect as setting it to "ok".

For this particular use case, there's no need for the
conditional (the customer will have a custom boot script
anyway), but thanks for the tip about having the
default "disabled".

I still wonder about the choice of not allowing inclusion
of at least include/generated/autoconf.h.

Separate from the case above, we have lots of customers
who re-purpose one or more of our connectors like our
parallel RGB display or parallel camera input and use the
pins for alternate functions.

There is a fine line about when this just becomes a different
"board" though, and DT makes that quite a bit easier.

Regards,

Eric