Questions about your advice for PCM9211 driver

Hi Rob (and everyone),

I'm working on upstreaming PCM9211 driver which was already submitted in the past. But based on your advice I'm not totally sure how to improve this driver. FYI the thread was https://www.spinics.net/lists/alsa-devel/msg63273.html

In fact I don't understand what is the best design for the pinmuxing part. You mentioned there are common bindings to deal with it. But I found only "pinctrl-single" which is used for one pin = one register. That's not the case for this device. Do you have something else in mind?

So from my understanding the only way is to develop a new pinctrl driver and convert PCM9211 driver to a MFD to handle pinctrl + sound soc. From my point of view it seems a bit overkill. Or something more generic must be provided like generic pinctrl which can match PCM9211 needs and eventually other devices.

Thank you in advance and I hope you can clarify the situation for me.

Regards,

Charles-Antoine