Re: [RFCv1 2/3] ARM: dts: meson8b: odroidc1: fix USB power supplies for phy

Hi Anand,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 4:09 PM Anand Moon <linux.amoon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> Can we have other people who can test both the approach for
> *vbus-supply* vs *phy-supply* setting.
> Then we can conclude on the correct approach.
this is a good idea. do we focus on the 4x USB host ports for this
test or also on the OTG port?

my test-setup so far was:
- Odroid-C1+ board revision 0.4 20150615
- the board is powered using the micro USB port
- connect an USB thumb drive to one of the USB host ports

test-cases:
- an "unpatched" (in terms of USB power regulators) kernel
- using Anand's phy-supply = <&usb_vbus>; inside the usb1_phy node
- using vbus-supply = <&usb_vbus>; inside the usb1 node

in all thee scenarios the LED of my thumb drive did not light up and
there was nothing in the kernel log. also lsusb -vv didn't show
anything.

Anand, do you have any other test-case in mind that we need to check?

I CC'ed Emiliano because he initially added USB support to
meson8b-odroidc1.dts (that was before I got my own Odroid-C1+).
He can probably help us test on his board(s) as well.

> Honestly I am using power supply from dc jack rather than power via usb otg.
I don't have a plug which matches the little DC jack so I'm powering
my board using the micro USB connector.

Regards
Martin