Re: Moving ARM dts files

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:02 PM Rob Herring <robh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We are already use vendors for arm64 (except for the oddball exynos),
> so if we change arm, we shouldn't do something different. EBBR is also
> going with vendor for firmware directories in the EFI system
> partition. Speak up if you want to change that before 1.0.

I don't think there is a silver bullet for this, except "use vendor
or whatever makes most sense", like if in doubt use vendor but
no need to overspecify. Rough consensus, not perfect consensus.

> All I really care about here is things are organized by maintainers.
> Someone care to write a script to ensure all 1800 files have a
> maintainer attached to them (that is not me)?

OK why not let the maintainers choose the name of the subdir
rather than insist to set it to $vendor? Just consistency?

For the stuff I maintain please use:

    'arm-' : 'arm',
    'integ' : 'arm',
    've' : 'arm',

These are fine.

Drop this

-    'gemini' : 'cortina',

Just use the "gemini" prefix.
Because this was three different vendors so let's stick with the
SoC codename.

And for 'ste' I would use 'st-ericsson' or 'stericsson' (also a valid
vendor) so it is readable.

It's no super-big deal so if you think my view is just annoying I
am not going to persist, I will just get over it.

Thanks,
Linus Walleij