Re: Moving ARM dts files

On 05. 12. 18 5:18, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 3:37 AM Rob Herring <robh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Olof, Arnd,
>>
>> I've put together a script to move the dts files and update the
>> makefiles. It doesn't handle files not following a common prefix which
>> isn't many and some includes within the dts files will need some fixups
>> by hand.
>>
>> MAINTAINERS will also need updating.
>>
>> A few questions:
>>
>> Do we want to move absolutely everything to subdirs? There's quite a
>> few platforms with only 1-2 platforms. I haven't added these to the
>> list yet, but can.
>>
>> Do any vendors need another level of directories? davinci, omap, nspire,
>> etc. for TI for example.
>>
>> What to do with armv7m.dtsi? I guess it should remain and we just fixup
>> the include. There may be a few other cross vendor things.
>>

>> Sub-arch maintainers,
>> 'vendor_map' below is the mapping of file prefix to new subdirectory
>> (the SoC vendor prefix). Please comment if there are any issues.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> 8<-----------------------------------------------------------
>> #!/usr/bin/env python3
>>
>> import os
>> import re
>> from git import Git
>> import glob
>>
>> vendor_map = {
>>     'imx': 'fsl',
>>     'ls': 'fsl',
>>     'vf': 'fsl',
>>     'qcom': 'qcom',
>>     'am3' : 'ti',
>>     'am4' : 'ti',
>>     'am5' : 'ti',
>>     'da' : 'ti',
>>     'dm' : 'ti',
>>     'dra' : 'ti',
>>     'keystone' : 'ti',
>>     'omap' : 'ti',
>>     'nspire' : 'ti',
>>     'armada' : 'marvell',
>>     'berlin' : 'marvell',
>>     'dove' : 'marvell',
>>     'kirkwood' : 'marvell',
>>     'orion' : 'marvell',
>>     'pxa' : 'marvell',
>>     'mvebu' : 'marvell',
>>     'mmp2' : 'marvell',
>>     'arm-' : 'arm',
>>     'integ' : 'arm',
>>     've' : 'arm',
>>     'aspeed' : 'aspeed',
>>     'at91' : 'atmel',
>>     'sama' : 'atmel',
>>     'bcm' : 'brcm',
>>     'exynos' : 'samsung',
>>     's3c' : 'samsung',
>>     's5p' : 'samsung',
>>     'gemini' : 'cortina',
>>     'hi3' : 'hisilicon',
>>     'hip' : 'hisilicon',
>>     'hisi' : 'hisilicon',
>>     'mt' : 'mediatek',
>>     'meson' : 'amlogic',
>>     'owl' : 'actions',
>>     'r7' : 'renesas',
>>     'r8' : 'renesas',
>>     'r9' : 'renesas',
>>     'rk' : 'rockchip',
>>     'socfpga' : 'altera',
> [...]

+1

Just a note here that for Zynq and ZynqMP there should be doable to run
Microblaze in programmable logic with reusing fixed IPs.
There could be also other soft core CPUs which could do this on Xilinx
devices.

It means maybe moving this out of arm/arm64 to more generic location
would be one more step to consider as the part of this move.

Thanks,
Michal