Re: using interrupt controller dt-bindings macros in Non GPL dts files

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 5:35 AM Greg Kroah-Hartman
<gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 09:18:02AM +0000, Pankaj Bansal wrote:
> > 2. Would it be possible for the copyright owners of these header files
> > to make these files dual licensed, so that we are able to use these
> > files in our dts/dtsi files?
>
> You are going to have to deal with the legal departments of the
> companies that own those copyrights.  Again, talk to your legal
> department about how that would even work, or if they even wish for you
> to be asking people and companies to do that.

Right, we should work with the author/contributor of these two files.

Hi Stephen and Geert,

Are you ok with relicensing these two files with (GPL-2.0 OR MIT)?
Given that many dts files in arm/arm64 are dual licensed with GPL and
MIT/X11/BSD, it makes more sense that these header files are dual
licensed with a permissive license too.

Regards,
Leo