Re: [[RFC]DPU PATCH 2/4] dt-bindings: drm/bridge: Document sn65dsi86 bridge bindings

On 2018-04-27 08:43, Rob Herring wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 08:46:13PM -0400, Rob Clark wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 7:45 PM, Stephen Boyd <swboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Quoting Sandeep Panda (2018-04-19 10:56:06)
>> Document the bindings used for the sn65dsi86 DSI to eDP bridge.
>>
>> Changes in v1:
>>  - Rephrase the dt-binding descriptions to be more inline with existing
>>    bindings (Andrzej Hajda).
>>  - Add missing dt-binding that are parsed by corresponding driver
>>    (Andrzej Hajda).
>>
>> Changes in v2:
>>  - Removed edp panel specific dt-binding entries. Only keep bridge
>>    specific entries (Sean Paul).
>>  - Remove custom-modes dt entry since its usage is removed from driver also (Sean Paul).
>>  - Remove is-pluggable dt entry since this will not be needed anymore (Sean Paul).
>>
>> Changes in v3:
>>  - Removed irq-gpio dt entry and instead populate is an interrupt
>>    property (Rob Herring).
>
> These changelogs usually go below the triple dash, but maybe drm is
> different and wants them?

yeah, drm generally wants them in the commit msg rather than below the
triple-dash, although I guess for bindings docs it should follow the
rules for that tree.. I usually just fix up these sort of things as I
apply patches, but not sure what other maintainers prefer

Well, these DPU patches aren't targeted for upstream so who cares.

This change is independent of other DPU patches. We are planning to upstream these bridge and panel changes. I will upload the next patchset dropping the DPU tag to avoid any confusion.

Many patch revision changelogs I see are crap with statements like
"implement changes requested by ??". But in this case, the changelog is
really good.

Rob